EAT A HEALTHY DIET
The American Heart Association recommends 50% of our plate be filled with vegetables every time we eat. Is yours?
Don’t stress if you have no idea how to even begin. See below for some suggestions you can start using TODAY.
– add spinach and tomatoes to eggs
– have sautéed vegetables as a side dish
– start experimenting with breakfast salads. Yes, they are a thing
– have you tried spaghetti squash instead of pasta? or noodles? they are wonderful and count as vegetables
– use portobello mushrooms instead of bread for your sandwiches
– make a giant veggie platter for lunch with dips such as hummus, tzatziki, and guacamole
– make a large spinach salad and add your favorite protein
– try a new vegetable every week at the farmers market or grocery store, you might find the one you have been looking for your entire life.
– Cauliflower rice pizza is amazing!
Just start where you are, today is the perfect day.