MY LIFE Day 3
I love avocados and I tend to eat them everyday.
I eat a plant based diet and avocados check many health and nutrition many boxes. Oh and I like the creaminess and how versatile they are.
They are low in carbohydrates and sugar. Yet they are nutrient rich and full of the good fat. They improve our overall health and are great at preventing cancer. Avocados have 6-7 grams of fiber per half fruit. HIgh fiber diets are known to reduce coronary heart disease and lower blood pressure.
Now that we have the science part out of the way, so how have I been eating avocados lately in my daily life?
– I will add them to smoothies instead of nut butter
– Avocado toast on gluten free bread with smoked salmon is ahmazing
– Swapping for mayonnaise in chicken salad
– Avocado oil is excellent in salad dressing or as a finishing oil
– Guacamole with jicama and cucumber is a healthy starter
– Using mashed avocado and artichoke antipasto as a base on a Cauli’flour pizza
– Avocado pudding is my favorite go to over fruit.
I gave my kids avocados when they were babies and they both love grilled avocados with hemp hearts for breakfast.
What are some of your favorite foods?
Photo credit to Stacey Natal