Songs of the Summer
Did you know there is always an official Song of the Summer? Last summer, it was Despacito? The year before it was This Is What You Came For (both per Billboard).
The Summer is a special time isn’t it? We have Summer hours at work, Summer clothes, Summer Vacations and Summer Loving or at least that was sung to us in Grease.
As a group exercise instructor, music is very important to me and it always has been really. I think of music as truly the soundtrack of our lives. Music becomes essential in Summer.
It could be the BBQs, or moments spent outside, the road trips or the extra time socializing. Music becomes imperative.
Most of us can remember THE song of the Summer when we were at Sleep Away camp, or when we fell in love the Summer we were backpacking in Europe, or the year we first moved to California. That Summer had a song, and it could have been “I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys or “All Summer Long” by Kid Rock or “American Girl” by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.
My top hits in no particular order
• “All Summer Long” By Kid Rock
• “Cruel Summer” by Bananarama
• “Last Dance” by Donna Summer
• “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix A Lot
• “Summer” by Calvin Harris
• “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd
• “Summer of 69” by Bryan Adams
• “Summerboy” by Lady Gaga
• “Eye of The Tiger” by Survivor
• “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye
• “That Summer” by Garth Brooks
• “Waterfalls” by TLC
• “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt like a Mother” by Maroon 5
•. “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry
Be sure to play yours as much as possible this Summer. They make us happy and they will be with us as we make new memories.
What are your Favorite Summer Songs?
One thought on “Songs of the Summer”
I spent a great deal of time to locate something like this